501 E Locust St, Lone Pine, CA
The Southern Inyo Healthcare District is dedicated to maintaining and improving the health of its residents and visitors. They are located at 501 E. Locust St. Lone Pine CA 93545 and can be contacted at 760-876-5501.
Four acute care beds are available at Southern Inyo Hospital. It offers physician care as well as laboratory and radiological services.
The 100% digital Imaging Services Department offers diagnostic testing such as routine radiography (X-rays), computed tomography (CAT scans), and ultrasound. Any images taken can be shared with your physician if they are on the computer network. The pictures can also be transferred onto a CD to be given to a physician who is not on the network.
The hours are from Monday to Friday from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM, but hours may vary depending on technologist availability. Technologists are on call 24/7 for emergent needs.
Infusion therapy is available via IV or catheter on Tuesdays and Thursdays. A few of the offered infusions are listed below:
- Hydration infusions
- Blood product infusions and phlebotomy
- Antibiotic infusions
- Oncology infusions (immunotherapy)
A 24/7 full service clinical laboratory is available within the hospital. It offers same-day testing and the website says that they have a rapid turn-around time for you to receive your results.
The hours are from Monday to Friday from 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM. The lab is available 24-hour for emergency needs.
SIHD Regenerative Medicine Program
People who suffer from chronic pain and issues with their joints, such as osteoarthritis, may benefit from this program. A few of the offered treatments are listed below:
- Viscosupplementation for joints with osteoarthritis stages 3 and 4 in knees
- Joint injections for inflammatory arthritis and bursitis
- Trigger point injections and nerve blocks for shoulder and knee pain
- PRP (platelet-rich plasma) injections
Platelet-rich plasma injections are particularly helpful in stimulating healing and may be beneficial for treating some of the following conditions:
- Knee pain from normal wear, aging, or injury
- Degraded or damaged cartilage, including meniscus
- Torn ligaments
- Joint pain due to arthritis and other causes
- Whiplash and other types of neck pain
- Herniated or bulging discs, sciatica, and other back-related pain
- Shoulder injuries, such as torn rotator cuff or torn labrum
- Hip pain
- Tennis elbow and other issues affecting the elbow
- Bone spurs and other bone issues
- Neuropathy or other problems causing weakness, numbness, or tingling
- Foot and ankle pain, commonly plantar fasciitis
The website lists 760-876-2264 as a contact for information about this program.
This department provides care from physical, occupational, and speech therapists for adults and children who, due to disabilities or complex medical conditions, need assistance in developing everyday skills. The development of these skills will allow them to function more independently at home, school, or work. Options for rehabilitation include in-patient and outpatient services, acute short-term care, and long-term care.
Some of the conditions treated are listed below:
Speech Language Pathology
- Language Disorders
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Swallowing (Dysphagia)
- Hand therapy
- Sensory Integration
- Fine motor problems
- Visual/Perceptual Disorders
- Decreased strength
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Sensory Processing Disorder
- Athletic Injuries
- Joint Replacements
- Balance Problems
- Pain in Shoulder, Back, Feet
The hours are from 8:00 AM through 5:00 PM. They are closed for lunch from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM. The website lists 760-876-2264 as a contact for information about this program.
Rural Health Clinic
The Southern Inyo Community Clinic works in partnership with the Southern Inyo Hospital to provide health services to rural communities. The website lists a notice from the clinic that the practice serves all patients regardless of ability to pay. Discounts for essential services are provided dependent on income and family size; more information can be found at the front desk or by visiting their website. The clinic can be called at 760-876-1146.
Specialty services offered by the community clinic include:
- Diabetes Management
- Family practice
- MAT (Medication-Assisted Treatment) program for opioid dependency
- Psychiatric services
- Wellness checks
Southern Inyo Hospital Skilled Nursing Facility
This facility is located within the hospital and offers the following services in addition to nursing care:
- Dental services
- Wound care
- Physical therapy
- Speech therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Dietary department
- Radiologic and laboratory services
- Emergency room services
- Hospice care
- Activity programs
- Social services
- An outpatient clinic
- A beauty shop
- Laundry service
- Transportation for resident medical appointments in Bishop and Ridgecrest
- Resident facilities
Tours of the facility are available. A complete schedule of fees and services is available upon request; the facility is an approved Medicare and MediCal provider.
Suboxone Clinic MAT Program
The Suboxone Clinic MAT (medication-assisted treatment) program offers hope and healing for those struggling with opioid dependency. This outpatient program provides some of the following services in its multifaceted approach to treatment:
- Prescription of an opioid antagonist medication (Suboxone)
- Regular primary care from your physician
- Counseling services customized for each patient’s individual needs
For more information, contact Maggie Kemp at 760-876-1146 ex. 2308.
Wound Care Service
The Southern Inyo Healthcare District has a quality wound care program available in Lone Pine, CA. The following wounds are more are eligible to receive consultation, evaluation, and treatment plans:
- Insect bites
- Diabetic and pressure ulcers
- Traumatic wounds
- Surgical wounds
- Venous insufficiency
Inpatient and outpatient care includes the following treatments and services:
- Wound consultation and evaluation
- Specialty wound dressings
- Wound infection treatment
- Patient and family education
- Ankle brachial index testing
- Pressure/offloading care
The website lists 760-876-2234 as the number to call to make an appointment.